Life and career
Woodvine trained at the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama and was a core member of Kneehigh Theatre. and has performed in Doc Martin, Born and Bred, Casualty, Pie in the Sky, Down to Earth and Heartbeat. In 1994, she played Aurelia Took in the science-fiction drama TV series Space Precinct. She also appeared as Miss Lamplighter in The Worst Witch (1998–2001) and, from 2005 to 2006, as Judge Morag Hughes in five episodes of Judge John Deed.
In 2003, she starred as Evangeline Blight in the Cornish-language short film Blight, co-starring Richard Coyle. Woodvine starred in the award winning 2008 psychological thriller film The Lark which premièred at the Cambridge Film Festival.
Woodvine, along with Rory Wilton, Jerome Wright and Kirsty Osmon together developed, poet Murray Lachlan Young's first play, The Incomers during a residency at The Space, Dartington Hall Trust. Woodvine created the role of Celia through a series of workshops and in the production's inaugural tour, which ran from April to May 2013.
- ↑ http://theincomers.co.uk/cast/
- ↑ http://www.magakernow.org.uk/default.aspx?page=387
- ↑ http://moorethanthis.wordpress.com/2008/09/22/cambridge-film-festival-review-the-lark/
- ↑ http://www.northdevongazette.co.uk/what-s-on/sassy_sexy_drama_comes_to_barnstaple_1_2013196
- ↑ http://theincomers.co.uk/tag/mary-woodvine/